We use five types of fertilizers:
- Cottonseed meal: This is made of crushed cottonseeds with oil extracted from the seeds.
- Kelp meal: The kelp meal is nutritious for the plants and also for people. Kelp is a sea weed. This spray comes from Scandinavia; is expensive but our plants really like them and it adds an extra zest to our berries.
- Comfrey tea: We prepare our own comfrey tea and spray our plants with a dilute solution of this tea during berry season. Thanks to an avid gardener friend for suggesting this magical formula.
- Rock phosphate: This is a mineral rock that boosts growth to our plants.
- Fish Fertilizer Solution: We only use it once in a while to spray the bushes. If you see us spraying in our fields, rest assured that it will be the harmless fish fertilizer that we use. ive